STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION (SSC)
Combined Graduate Level (Tier-I) Examination-2010
Staff Selection Commission will hold on 16/05/2010, an open competitive examination for recruitment to the following posts in various Ministries/Departments by selecting/screening the candidates for the Main Examination. The Combined Graduate Level (Tier-II) Examination-2010 is likely to be held ion 31/07/2010 and 01/08/2010.:
1. Inspectors of Income Tax / Inspector (Central Excise) / Inspector (Preventive Officer) / Inspector (Examiner) in Custom Houses (Group B Non-Gazetted) in the pay scale of Rs.9300-34800 Grade Pay Rs.4600/-
3. Assistants (CSS) in the pay scale of Rs.9300-34800 Grade Pay Rs.4600/-
4. Assistants in other Central Government Ministries/ Departments/ CVC etc in the pay scale of Rs.9300-34800 Grade Pay Rs.4200/-
5. Inspector of Posts (Group B Non-Gazetted) in pay scales of Rs. Rs.9300-34800 Grade Pay Rs.4200/-
6. Sub-Inspectors in CBI and other Central Police Organisations like ITBP, CISF, CRPF, SSB, BSF in he pay scale of Rs.9300-34800 Grade Pay Rs.4200/-
7. Assistant Enforcement Officers in Directorate of Enforcement in the pay scale of Rs.9300-34800 Grade Pay Rs.4600/-
8. Divisional Accountants in CAG Offices in the pay scale of Rs.9300-34800 Grade Pay Rs.4200/-
9. Statistical Investigators Gr.II in the pay scale of Rs.9300-34800 Grade Pay Rs.4200/-
10. Auditors/ Junior Accountants / Accountants/ in various CAG Offices in the pay scale of Rs. 5200-20200 grade pay Rs.2800
11. Compilers in the office of RGI the pay scale of Rs. 5200-20200 grade pay Rs.2400
12. UDCs (Upper Division Clerk) in various Central Government Offices/ Departments in the pay scale Rs.5200-20200 grade pay Rs.2400
13. Tax Assistants in various CBDT/ CBEC in the pay scale Rs.5200-20200 grade pay Rs.2400
Age Limit: (i) 18-27 years as on 02/03/2010 for Inspector of Income Tax/ Inspector (Central Excise)/ Inspector (Preventive Officer)/ Inspector (Examiner)/ Inspector of Posts / Ass.. Enforcement Officer and Divisional Accountants / Auditors /UDCs/ Tax Assistants (ii) 20 to 27 years as on 02/03/2010 for posts of Assistants and Sub-inspectors in CBI. (iii) 26 years for Statistical Investigators Gr.II (iv) 20-25 years as on 02/30/2010 for Sub Inspectors (Ex) in Central Police Orgnisations. (v)Usual age relaxation to SC/ST/OBC/PH/ExS etc. as per Govt. orders.)
Educational Qualification: Graduation in any discipline from any recognised Uniersity as on 02/03/2010. (ii) Statistics/ Mathematics / Economics / Commerce subjects in Graduation for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr.II
Fee: Rs. 100/-. No fee for SC/ST/PH/Women and Ex-Serviceman. Fee will be paid only in the form of “Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS)” These stamps are available at the counter of all Departmental Post Offices of the country.
Scheme of Exam : Preliminary (Tier-1) (Written) Examination (Objective Type) on 16/05/2010.
Closing Date: Last date for filling of the application is 02/03/2010 (5PM) (09/03/2010 for the candidates of far-flung areas)
How to Apply : Apply Online from 04/02/2010 at SSC website( Pay fee st SBI in this case) at http://www.ssconline.nic.in. However, Those who wants to apply offline can still send their Applications on prescribed proforma, in an envelope shoud be send to concerned Regional Director of SSC where candidate want to apply.
For further details and application format, visit SSC website at http://ssc.nic.in/notice/examnotice/cgle2010.pdf